Saturday, June 2, 2012

National Lolita Day!

Hello everyone! Today, if you didn't already know, is National Lolita Day! (some cal it International Lolita Day, but I honestly don't know if it is International). My sister and I were going to go to the art museum but things fell out and we woke up too late and it closes at five so we decided not to. Unfortunately, I decided to get dressed up before we knew if we were going. Lucky for you, I took pictures!

This will be somewhat of an outfit post. :]



I thought I'd try out Hime Lolita for the first time. I think it turned out pretty well. I wore two shirts for the effect and an extra petticoat.  Here's the outfit rundown: 

JSK: Bodyline
Blouses: Thrift Stores/Altered by me 

Tights: JC Penny's... I think....
Shoes: A present :] 
Earrings: Also a present
Crown: Party City 

Overall I enjoyed this outfit, for the fifteen minutes I wore it xD. 

Yesterday we went out to eat at a pizza place with my aunt, uncle, and cousin. He just finished first grade so we were celebrating that. I really enjoyed the outfit I wore, although not so elaborate. I mostly enjoyed the shirt. 


It had a very sporty feel to it. I liked it a lot. Also, my aunt made him an awesome Spongebob cake: 


It tasted awesome. I wish you guys could've eaten it as well :]
After we were done eating pizza, my mom and I headed down to Barnes and Noble. There were really cute tote bags there, unfortunately, you had to buy two items in order for it to be within my price range so I ended up getting a book instead. Since I LOVED The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory, I decided to try out another novel of hers called The Boleyn Inheritance

I really enjoy historical fiction, particularly about the Tudor era and reign of King Henry VIII, so I'm really excited. The guy who helped us find the historical fiction section also recommended the book Wolf Hall so I know what book I'm getting next :] 

My new book... Oh look, my Hello Kitty pajama pants xD


Although I'm not into manga and anime, I was really excited when I saw this: 


I was like, oh my goodness mom They re-released Sailor Moon! She didn't really understand my excitement. Sailor Moon was my favorite cartoon as a kid. I may be a Japan-freak, but I never really bonded with anime or manga. I even go to conventions, but it's more for the fashion I see. However, I've ALWAYS loved Sailor Moon. If they would've had the first book, I would've gotten it. 

Anyway, I hope you all are having a wonderful National Lolita Day. I hope it's filled with wonderful tea and macaroons! In the spirit of NLD, I am probably going to go watch some cupcake Wars and drink a nice cup of peppermint tea. :] Have a great day everyone! 

Yours Truly, Jamie♥

No comments:

Post a Comment